Who are we?
The website (www.comosystems.co.uk) is a site operated by Electromagnetic Solutions Limited. The company is registered in the UK (company number 11432387). Our registered office address is 8 Woodbine Close, Branston, Burton on Trent, DE14 3FF, UK. Our VAT number is GB303 2445 49.
This privacy statement sets out what will happen to information we collect from you, or that you provide to us when you visit the site, make a purchase or register for an account. By providing us with the information, you agree to that we may use it in the ways set out in this privacy statement.
We reserve the right to amend this privacy statement from time to time without prior notice. It is your responsibility to check the privacy statement on a regular basis.
What information do we collect?
When you visit the site, we collect both statistical information collected as you browse the site; and Personal Information which you knowingly give to us. This information may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in a form on the site; such as name, postal address, email address and telephone number
- Details of transactions you carry out or orders you place through the site
- Information regarding your visit to the site, such as location data, traffic data and other communication data
- Information about your computer, including browser type and operating system, and your IP address for system administration and for us to identify trends.
- Any correspondence you send to us (whether by post or email)
- Information we ask you to supply when you register for an online account with us.
- We do not store credit card details nor do we share financial details with any 3rd parties
How will we use your information?
We will use the information you provide us:
- To contact you in relation to any orders you have placed
- To notify you of any changes to our services
- To customise the site based on the information we have collected, to provide you with the best possible user experience
- For our own internal purposes such as system administration, site performance, quality control, internal record keeping, and to evaluate use of the site so we can provide you with enhanced services.
- To provide you with marketing information about our products and services which we feel may interest or benefit you (providing you agree to marketing emails)
- To create reports to assist with future marketing
- To carry out obligations arising from any contracts we enter into with you and for billing and delivery purposes.
- For research purposes
We will only keep your information for as long as necessary for these purposes. Some services available on our site can only be offered if you provide us with a minimum level of information. We will protect the confidentiality of your information in accordance to legal requirements.
If you have signed up to our newsletter, we will use your personal data (email) in order to send you promotions, updates and event information. You can unsubscribe from the newsletter at any point by clicking the unsubscribe option within the email we send you.
We use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
You may contact us at any point if you do not want your information being used for marketing purposes using the contact details provided below.
Who do we share your information with?
Your Personal Information is only shared with the named third parties below in order to help us use your Personal Information as described above to enhance your experience with us. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site -- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
The information shared with them will be limited to that necessary for them to perform the service. They will not be authorised to use your information in any other way, and will keep it confidentially.
We will not distribute, sell, share or lease your personal information to any third party, except as described in the statement above, unless:
- We have your permission
- The third party helps us to provide you with products or services
- We are sharing your data with our partner organisations and have told you about this
- This is necessary in connection with the sale of a business or its assets
How do we keep your information secure?
When you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information, email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information”. Please not that payment details such as your credit card numbers are processed by a 3rd party payment processor such as Paypal. We do not have access to your card number details. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
When you make an account on our website as part of your purchase, you must not allow any other person to use these details and must treat them as confidential. If you believe or suspect that someone knows your login you must contact us as soon as possible using the contact details below.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
As a UK resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, as a resident of the UK please note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States by the 3rd parties named above in the course of data analysis for our legitimate business purposes.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records in line with GDPR unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
There is no age restricted information contained on this Site. Orders for sales are accepted on the basis that you are legally allowed to use the payment details you provide. If an order is submitted by a Minor it is on the understanding that the Minor has been given express authorisation for this specific transaction from the adult whose payment details are being used. If you do not have express authorisation do not place any order. We accept no responsibility for the action of a Minor acting without authorisation and payment for goods is still due on such unauthorised transactions as it is the responsibility of the adult not to disclose his/her payment details unless the payment has been authorised.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e‑mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
FAO: Privacy Compliance Officer
Electromagnetic Solutions Ltd, 7a Eldon Way Industrial, Estate, Hockley, Essex, SS5 4AF